Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone #1

 I’ve been reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. This story is so long so I could not finish reading, but I want to finish it during this term.  The reason why I chose this book, my patents  don’t want me to go out many times now to borrow many books from the library. So I bought this book at online store.

 I know this story because I really like Harry Potter’s movies and books written in Japanese. So it’s not so hard for me to understand the story in English. However you know this book is too thick to read speedy. But I enjoy finding some different expressions between English ones and Japanese one.

I will write down a quotation from p.28.
“Dudley and Piers wanted to see huge, poisonous cobras and thick, man-crushing pythons. Dudley quickly found the largest snake in the place. It could have wrapped its body twice around Uncle Vernon’s car and crushed it into a dustbin - but at the moment it didn’t look in the mood. In fact, it was fast asleep. Dudley stood with his nose pressed against the glass, staring at the glistening brown coils.”

コメント